Wednesday 13 February 2013

SHORTLISTED FOR wordhut.com's 7th SHORT STORY COMPETITION

So my first blog post starts off with quite a lot of news.

I posted a 1,000 word story to the wordhut.com 7th Short Story Competition last month, and I'm pleased to say I made it to the shortlist (top ten). This was the first competition I have entered, so to come out with such a good result is excellent news. The story, Ma's Kit, is also up for consideration in another two competitions. I will keep you posted on those.

Here is a link to all the competition wins on the wordhut website - my story is listed underneath the 7th short story category. It wasn't published on the site, but you can read all the winning stories:

 http://thewordhut.com/writing-competition-winners

In other news, I'm currently constructing a website that should hopefully be live within the week. I'm yet to finalise the address, but am making the final adjustments to the layout and content.

Ma's Kit will be available to read (for free, of course) on my website as soon as it goes live. I'll let you know as soon as that is.

Finally, due to the recent success in the short story competition, I have been asked by OCA ─ whom I am currently studying a BA in Creative Writing with ─ to pen a guest blog to post on the student website. I was privelidged to be asked. The blog will be published, I believe, in the next couple of weeks, and I will provide the link to it through here.

That's all for now. I hope you enjoy reading my stories.


Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment